Monday, March 15, 2010

Mind of their own

Today I had my monthly art lesson in Nathan's class. The art was to create a collage using different shapes from the warm or cool colors family. I completely underestimated the time it would take to finish the project. This is my second to the last lesson with them and I have come to realize that first graders behave differently every single time. After explaining what the lesson was going to be, I slowly introduce the materials for the project. From designing the collage to gluing the pieces was a little overwhelming for the kids than I anticipated. I was half disappointed how the lesson went and wish that it could have ran smoothly. However, if you are running on 4 hours of sleep you would be out of it too.

While I was out in the real world interacting with people who can speak, my lovely baby was being cared for by dad. And what usually that means she's going to be super spoiled and carried around all day. I have been a little concern with her lately because she lost some weight. She was grabbing her ears and unusually sleepy. Her rashes has also come back but that I thought could just be me eating food with cheese (i.e. pizza). Anyways, I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. It was the weekend and could not see her doctor. She lost about 7 ounces and was nursing for only 3 minutes at a time. She looked tired and weak. My poor baby. Then around Sunday things turned for the better. I weighed her again and she seems to have gain back whatever she had lost. I suspect ear infection but she seem to be doing fine now. So I think I might hold of on rushing to her pediatrician.

No comments: